Wednesday, February 3, 2010

ME and my MAID..........and MARRIAGES

It is February
The marriage season is on.and if it is a neighbour you are a must in the guest list and again…. if it is a love marriage than there is a hush hush gossip too.
My neighbour’s son lives in London and he is getting married this month . A Love Marriage so there are lot of winky eyes and smiles all around our locality.
So , when my maid said,” boudi (sister – in –law), do you know this is a love marriage !”
I said “ ya , why ?”
Maid: ‘ what do you like LOVE or ARRANGE marriage”
I : “ why?”
She smiled and said “nothing , just telling I heard there was lot of fight regarding this marriage….. you know? the father was against this marriage”
I said ‘ hmm… ya I know, so what now its okay.”
Maid: “ what okay? You shouldn’t go against your family.”
I : whats you bothering for!
Maid : “no just that the love marriages don’t work out”
I said teasing : “you know more ?”
Maid (hushing): “after marriage they- the men just change, there is no love then depression fighting blaming is left”
I : “ so? what so different from arrange marriage?.....hmm?”
Maid : “ its only that it is more depressing, you love a guy marry him and after marriage he changes into those regular husband type .busy and dominating.”
Me : ‘ so what is different in arrange marriages guys? Aren’t they like - husband type… so?... what is the problem?”
Maid : “ NO …NO you don’t understand, in arrange marriage Parents decide every thing…. So… . you can blame your parents for every thing you dislike and….. you are relieved …..BUT in love marriage…… you blame your self every single day if it doesn’t work out and … more….you have to solve it yourself only NO COMPLAINS.
I laughed
and said: “ only blaming part is different then ,both the ways you are going to repent….. ha ha ha …. isn’t it?
Maid: ‘fighting with your parents for all these pain is amusing”
I: “ Then why do we marry?”
Maid: “Because you can not go OUT hunting daily?”
I : “ WHAT????..!!!!!!!!!..”
Maid : “ you asked the question!!!!”


She made me laugh and think whole day .
Whether I like the custom of arrange marriage or love marriage…….
.All I can think……THINGS I like about marriages…….(emotions apart)…. is the GOOD FOOD they serve in the weddings.


N.B: love and marry .Eat the delhi ka laddu (marriage ) to feel sweetness yourself.
I Love you.

11 comments:

♥ÐÅyÐяєÅмє®♥ said...

lol... achha post tha... I guess mujhe bhi ab shadi nhi karni .. :D hehehehhe

sleeping beauty said...

phir mere dowry concept ka kya hoga.....hehehe.....thanx for commenting

Anonymous said...

good one :) aapki maid is quite intelligent i must say ! she gave quite valid arguments :D

Dr. Tripat Mehta said...

hmm..quite witty maid ;)

http://sparkledaroma.blogspot.com/
http://liberalflorence.blogspot.com/

sleeping beauty said...

@adreamygal
ya she is a piece of art. thankyou for ur support

sleeping beauty said...

@prerna
thanx for visiting me .my maid is terrific.

Jaggu said...

She is sensible. By the way liked your blog and welcome to mine too.

Preetilata【ツ】 said...

lol di.. ab to aap dowry ko bhul hi jao. :D

Anonymous said...

Ha ha your maid is something! Lol@hunting daily... Hahahaha... Super post.

Anonymous said...

And please disable word verification on your blog!!

sleeping beauty said...

@ enduring sprit
sorry for the inconvenience i will try.